Monday, May 18, 2009

National Conference on Australian Prison Issues

Today I went to visit the venue at Deakin University and also began finalising the list of speakers of the event. So far we have A. Professor Peter Norden A.O., Professor Rob White, Dr. Debra Smith from the Bridge Foundation, Greg Barns, Andrea Kincade, Mike Fitzgerald, and Kerry Cotterill. I am really excited about the event as it's coming together really well.

I have also been working on a couple of assignments for my Graduate Certificate in Criminology which I am studying at Charles Sturt University. This semester I am doing two units - Psychology and Law and Criminological Practice. I think this study will really add depth to my PhD and hope to continue to a Masters alongside the PhD. This semester I am also working on a methodology chapter and next semester working on ethics approval and the literature review. I am really excited about this, although I know that it will be a long road!

No comments: