Thursday, December 10, 2009

Great progress on the National Prison Book Program

We have been overwhelmed by the quality and quantity of donations which we have recieved so far, it has been amazing. Prisons have also been responding to our letter asking if they would like to recieve books and educational materials, so we now have prisons participating in Tasmania, Northern Territory, ACT, Queensland, Victoria and Western Australia. We are urgently in need of additional storage space in Melbourne and also volunteers across Australia to help pick up, sort  and package books up for distribution to prisons. We still also need sponsorship from transportation companies - so if you can help let me know at prisonfoundation@email.com

I am also about to change jobs moving from my training designer position at Kmart to the Australian Human Resources Institute where I will be designing and delivering professional education up to graduate certificate level. I am looking forward to the move to a smaller organisation - corporate life is not what it is cracked up to be, especially in regards to being able to maximise the value that you can bring to an organisation.

I have also officially accepted my offer of candidature so I will be starting as a PhD student in early January.

No comments: